Chris Cox Forage Blend
A product of Lucerne Farms and Chris Cox Horsemanship Company, this ultimate forage blend is for hardworking horses. The Chris Cox Forage Blend is a balanced mix of alfalfa and timothy hay that has been short-chopped and dried at a high temperature to lock in natural nutrition and eliminate harmful mold spores that are detrimental to horses with respiratory problems. This blend supplies a slow release energy to working muscles during exercise and competition with the added flavor of anise to engage the horse’s palate.
The Ultimate Forage Blend:
- Alfalfa is a necessary protein to support muscle tone, calcium for strengthening bone, and as a natural source of biotin for building healthy hooves.
- Timothy for a highly digestible forage that is high in fiber, which microbial enzymes efficiently digest.
- Soy oil for energy without adding excitement and an excellent source of Vitamin E (a natural antioxidant).
An Excellent Choice For:
- Hard Working Horses
- Brood Mares
- Young/Growing Horses
- Dehydrated chopped timothy hay
- Alfalfa hay
- Soybean oil
- Natural and Artificial Flavors
- Protein 10.0%
- Fat 4%
- Fiber 30.0%
- Calcium 0.75% min.
- Calcium 1.4% max.
- Phosphorus 0.2%
35 lb. Bag
Feeding Chris Cox Forage Blend:
When fed as the sole forage ration, feed 1% – 1.5% of horse’s body weight per day. When fed as a supplement or partial hay replacement, feed 4 to 6 lbs. per day.
Be a “Ride the Journey”
Join a unique online horsemanship experience with Chris Cox. Learn about horse health, such as why Chris Cox feeds Lucerne’s Forage Blend, and get tips on advancing your horse training programs at chris-cox.com.